Tuesday 2 December 2014

Finishing glasses

16 glasses complete, filled with resin and silver pigment,

Overall I am pleased with the way the glasses look. Visually they are pleasing the the eye and grasp the viewers attention. 
I have received feedback from peers such as 'I just can't stop staring', 'they look so amazing' and 'they look like galaxies or space'. 
This was the reaction that I had hoped to create and therefore I feel I am successful.


This glass in particular is the most unique. Once this had set, the resin came away from the glass and detached itself. This was not what i wanted so I poured clear resin down the tiny gap in the sides of the glass to reattach them. This created an incredible pattern (visible on the right hand side) when the glass hit the  light. This will be placed highest, above the other glasses to show significance and power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment