Monday 1 December 2014

Final Piece

I continued with the idea of the wine glasses.

They will all be the same pigment because I need this to be a constant and therefore the viewer is more intrigued by what is going on inside the glass rather than the differences between them.


The purpose of the piece is to allow the viewer to ignore the constant elements - being an everyday object and to see the space for what it really is. Another world, another dimension and reality that exists in the most common of objects. To allow a different perspective and disrupt the space.

I bought 16 wine glasses and I thought I would have 2 rows of 8. I used clear resin to fill the first 4, with a diluted amount of pigment. This was to show a progression as the glasses went on.








No comments:

Post a Comment