Friday 28 November 2014

Tutor Feedback

Mary feedback 

My work at the moment is all experimental and I need to choose one area to move on and develop. The first thing I picked up which I think look most effective, and I think worked best with my project was the resin pigment glass. At this stage it is an experimental object of desire. The meaning behind the piece was that I wanted to convey a sense of awe for the viewer. Mary said 300 glasses would make this really convincing.  

This would obviously be too expensive and therefore will thing about using less. 

Points to consider: 
Will they be all the same glasses 
Will they be all the same pigment 
How will they be suspended/ displayed 
What way up will they be 
The focus is to make the object look aesthetically pleasing  

I thought about adding a mirrored base as I loved the way this worked in my pins experiment when I placed a mirror underneath as you could really see another dimension. In my there-ness elective we talked about a mirror opened up another world, and another world is also another theme I wanted to convey.  

Mary suggested different glasses and although this would look good, it would be more difficult to produce a level of consistency that is a high aesthetic quality. They will be all the same glass, as found in my experimental piece. This consistency will also not intimidate the viewer to look further into the details of the pigment.  

They will all be the same pigment because I need this to be a constant and therefore the viewer is more intrigued by what is going on inside the glass rather than the differences between them.

The purpose of the piece is to allow the viewer to ignore the constant elements - being an everyday object and to see the space for what it really is.  Another world, another dimension and reality that exists in the most common of objects. To allow a different perspective and disrupt the space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment