Monday 27 October 2014

MATERIAL EXPERIMENTS

I used screws ( a sort of shiny metal) and a glue gun, and glued them all together as an experiment to see how it would turn out. 



Overall I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I reminds me of a tree a bit, and also a satellite. I like the connection with the artificial satellite in space- untouched, only able to be seen by certain people/ cameras. This kind of relates to the extra ordinary object... it's untouchable. 


Placement. I put this on the wall in my studio space and quite liked the way it just stuck out of the wall- very non traditional for a sculptural piece. The way it links to the space around is quite cool.

I think welding the screws together would be a much better idea, as the glue looks tacky here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment