Wednesday 15 October 2014

TUTORIAL; MEDINA

Following another tutorial I was advised to look at Nina Saunders work.

Leaking Piano 2011

Her work consists of luxury household items that have been rendered unusable in some way. 'Leaking Piano' above has been manipulated to become a piece to observe rather than use. The way she has kept the seductive shine and appeal about the object, although jarring it is very intriguing, Her work uses juxtaposition, much like my own themes. It is a seductive, unusable object, which is what I want to create through garments. 

I also thought about exploring the materials themselves rather than form, and therefore will experiment and create samples using pins, needles, metallic objects in a way that will ameliorate the object. I will create samples and explore materials qualities.

Nuts, bolts, screws, pins...


No comments:

Post a Comment