Thursday 16 October 2014

MATERIAL INSPIRATION; VAGABOND & ZARA

Shoe Inspiration for material.

Vagabond, Dioon.


This is a shoe I recently purchased due to it's unique look. It's shiny, but with an element of mystery. The way the silver underneath is dampened by the brushed black over the top adds texture and definition. I love this affect it has on the leather material. 

I noticed how in Studio 1A my choice of clothing was influenced by art works, and my art works were influenced by my clothing, for example a I spray painted a jacket silver and also did a collection of silver works around this. I think this is quite an interesting connection as I am highly interested in why we wear what we wear, and choice of dress. 

I intend to use a similar style of material on the shoe sample I am doing currently to try an achieve a similar look. 


ZARA,
Silver pointed shoes I also bought due to this desire to own this sort of material.

No comments:

Post a Comment