Friday 21 November 2014

Development of work and resin experiments




I made this buy pushing the pins through a silicone mold and pouring clear resin on top. The outcome worked so well. I could do this on a larger scale like my initial idea of making a whole glass out of pins like this. This works on my themes of human desire and you want what you can't have, and making the everyday object something extra ordinary. It also would render itself useless and therefore become entirely aesthetic. It reminds me of Nina Saunders work- who Medina initially told me to research at the start- by taking away the objects purpose. 

Placing the pin cast underneath the wine glass filled with resin and pigment. This fitted perfectly and gave the glass a further edge to it. 


copper wire, resin, silver pigment and silver chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment